Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lemon Blondie Brownies

So the last few weeks of school, for the kids, are exciting, summer break is almost here! But the days seem to move at a snail's pace. Not so when you are the teacher. Seems like we were just starting back after Christmas break and woosh! Here it is, the night before the last day of school. The last few weeks of school are filled with stress, and business and wondering why you ever thought teaching was a good idea, and wondering it someone switched your sweet angel students for sugar-whacked energizer bunnies. I think I've spent more time saying "no", "stop", "you do that once more and you are going to be in time-out", in the last month than the rest of the year combined. I'm dreading tomorrow for two reasons, one- it will be mayhem and destruction the whole day, and I thrive on order in my classroom, (yes I am a control freak) and two- I will miss my little ankle-biters so much. I truly do adore them. I love their sweet smiling faces. I love their enthusiasm for whatever our project might be. I love their hugs and kisses. I love hearing their little voices say "Miss Kwistina". I love seeing their faces when I praise them for telling me correctly what letter or shape or color or number I am pointing to. I have heard many people tell me they could never do what I do. I cannot imagine doing anything else. I tried it, I spent a year at JC Penney selling men's clothes. Parts I enjoyed, parts I hated, but overall, it was just a paycheck. I teach because I love my kids, the paycheck is just a blessing for doing what I love to do.

Now, after all the philosophical mushy stuff, lets move on to the delicious reason for this post, Lemon Blondie Brownies! You KNOW you want to try one, or three. Heck, lets eat the whole pan. You could too, these things melt in your mouth! My husband took a bite and said "Holy Cow, these are awesome!". No joke.

I created these on the spur of the moment cause I was desperately wanting something sweet but not candy. So, I browsed the contents of my panty. Lemon cake mix, check. Lemon Pudding, check. Vanilla, eggs, oil, milk, check. White chocolate morsels, check! I grabbed a mixing bowl and started mixing.

First I dumped in the cake mix and pudding. Then added to eggs, oil, milk & vanilla. I stirred it around and realized I needed more oil. So I added some, then I added some water to get a brownie batter consistency. Then I dumped in 1 C white chocolate morsels and stirred them in. I grabbed a 1/2 size jelly roll pan, aprox 10x15x1. I sprayed the pan and then spread the batter out to the edges.

Baked it at 350 for 15 min, and then let it cool. Realized when I cut the first few pieces the middle was not cooked enough. So stuck it back in the oven for another 10ish.

These blondie brownies are awesome. Serious addiction possibilities here. Of course, I adore anything with lemon. The best part- super duper easy!! So whip up a batch and enjoy!

~Kristina


Lemon Blondie Brownies
Ingredients:
1 Lemon Cake Mix
1 box instant lemon pudding
½ C oil
¼ C water
¼ C Milk
1 C white chocolate morsels

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Batter will be thick. Grease 10x15 pan and spread batter to edges. Bake @350 for 20-25 min, or until center is set. Remove from oven and set on cooling racks. Let cool about 10 minutes. Cut into bars and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment